Friday, October 29, 2004

Mom's rally and Saturday's walk in the park

I've done a good job at staying OUT of the national race. For myself, I've been putting a focus on local issues and staying neutral otherwise. However, my oldest boy is gung-ho for Kerry. Perhaps I'll satisfy his political fix by taking him to this event this week end.

MOMS FOR KERRY RALLY THIS SATURDAY

Mothers across the country will gather in a demonstration of unity and support for John Kerry and our children. Special guest: Geraldine Ferraro. It is slated for Saturday, Oct. 30, 2004, at 3:00 pm at Frick Park, Braddock & Forbes.

By the way, Erik's mom, my wife, is in DC working and will be home late Saturday. Perhaps my wife has more in common with Geraldine. I might connect better with the moms and kids.

I do like the park setting too. I bet not many of the moms or dads there will be aware that the Citiparks budget for 2006 is slated to be $0.

Come to think of it, if we have great weather, perhaps we could go early and set up some badminton. We could "ruffle feathers" and collect email contacts.

1 comment:

Mark Rauterkus said...

Got to meet the organizer of this event at Bill Peduto's 40th birthday party. Sorry I didn't make the event as there were 300 folks there, with lots of kids. Sounded fun and really grass-roots-ish. She's doing PR now and not with Friends of the Riverfront -- but with offices in the Terminal Bldg in S.Side. Perhaps I'll pitch that 9x9.CLOH.Org concept to them soon.