Sunday, April 27, 2008

Schenley Musical, All Shook Up

I just got home from the Schenley musical All Shook UP and I would strongly urge you to see it next weekend if you haven't already. The talent of the Schenley cast is amazing (and the crew who make everything work)! I have been a season ticket holder of the CLO for about 25 years and have never wanted to see a show twice; I am planning to be at Friday's performance and might even go again on Saturday! (Thursday is the last home volleyball game and senior nite so I will be at the gym watching our Schenley Spartans defeat Gateway).

I think the show is especially moving this year because of the death of legendary director, Mr. B. and because of the uncertainty of the program for next year. I think it would be a good idea for all of us to contact our board members along with Mr. Lopez and Mr. Roosevelt and encourage them to see this show. Maybe the MAGIC can continue at another location but it will take the efforts of many to keep it alive.

amy moore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. My daughter dragged us (Mom and Dad) because her friend is in the Chorus. Our minds were blown! Mind you, we are both used to Broadway and London stage productions. We were WOWED, AWED. We both want to see the production again! I also thought I would drop a line to Mr. Roosevelt about this fantastic program. My daughter's friend is a Freshman, and very upset that she may not be able to continue in this highly valuable, high quality program. Go see this! - Pgh Resident for 22 years