Thursday, September 02, 2004

This blog

Readability and Attribution

The web's we weave are not always as visible and clear as they could or should be. In interest of time, fair use, and repetition, links to other articles are generally put within the rants that occur on this blog. I do a good bit of external linking on all of my sites.

From time to time I should thank, in public, the editors and writers of the PG and Trib. Of couse their conent is used most often for fodder to these fires. I do try to give them credit in each instance. I avoid academic footnotes, but should try to be less sloppy.

As I see clever and helpful writting, I often post a kind mention directly to the writers.

In the future, the aim is to use both the "blockquote and "ITALIC" formats to better isolate material that is lifted from the other sources.

No comments: