Thursday, January 06, 2005

Homespun Bloggers Question, family vacations

What was your favorite family vacation (when you were a kid), and why? If you have children, have you taken your kids on that same vacation? If so, what did they think of it?


Our best trips were with cousins. As a family we had a drive from Pittsburgh to New York for a wedding of an older cousin. The NY clan moved out of our home town. They talked funny. Yet we all were family.

Another time was to the N.J. beach and a stay for a week at a campground, again with pseudo-cousins. Our family went with another family, and we called their dad Uncle Jack.

We didn't get out much. Hardly at all when contrasted to the travels of my family with our kids. As I type, my wife is in DC for her professional board meeting. We'll be back there in the spring for nearly a week, staying in a suite. My kids have been to China, Canada, Wyoming, California, Maine -- all in the same year. I took my first airplane trip after I graduated from high school.

No comments: