Thursday, March 03, 2005

County posting new property values on Web site -- Another VICTORY

County posting new property values on Web site Allegheny County Chief Executive Dan Onorato said the new market values for reassessed properties would be posted on the county's Web site after 5 p.m. today.

Dan listened. When this story broke, I wrote and even called Dan on this very issue. Then I caught him on a talk show last week. It was one week ago. Then he said that the numbers were being worked on, but hinted at it being much longer into the future until they'd be released.

Thanks Dan.

Let's read em and weap.

We need an open government approach.

Until now we were talking about a set of numbers that were unknown.

I'm going to give credit where it is due. And, I'm going to say I had a hand in pushing for the release of these numbers so soon.

Next, let's get down to brass tacks. Let's begin to renew a topic that I had raised before -- assessment buffering. I feel that a one-third assessment buffering plan would be a much better solution.

To implement assessement buffering, I'm going to to need to be elected to the PA Senate.

No comments: